Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I've been spending a bit of time recently exploring the online blogging community. I realize these aren't exactly the New Kids on the Block - when FOXNews is already blaming them for the nation's woes, you can be pretty sure that, aside from probably being completely faultless, they're also around to stay.

I was first introduced to this phenomenon while googling, of all things, a quote from Spiderman. Something about great responsibility coming along with the ability to climb walls with only the aid of augmented hair follicles, or something. For the priviledge of accidentally discharging gooey webs from his wrists to snag lunch trays and the like, Peter has to stop the neighborhood kids from playing in traffic, thereby losing his job and his girlfriend and halting the progress of natural selection in one fell swoop. Sweet deal.

Anyways, I discovered what can only be described as an Objectivist analysis of the superhero archetype in American graphic novels, which was fascinating to say the least and a definite appeal to my geek-ego to go a bit further. Turns out I've stumbled across some sort of libertarian pro-free-market blogring, which proceeded to eat the rest of my productivity during my internship today.

Also, the author of the first blog I found not only refers to himself as Unqualified Offerings (the name of the blog) but also calls his wife Mrs. Offerings. Mrs. Offerings! If that's not fucking legitimacy, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home