Thursday, December 02, 2004

how'd they do that?

Sorry I'm adding to the glut of political posts on this blog...

"The closest black woman to most of the liberals accusing Rice of being
incompetent is the maid they periodically accuse of stealing from the liquor
cabinet. " --Ann Coulter's 12.01.04 column


What the...? Did you just see that crazy jujitsu? How the hell is it that they've managed to paint us as the Upper East Side bourgeois pigs? We're the Chardonnay-sipping country club bastards? I feel like something just whizzed by me at Mach 2 and I'm whipping my head to the side. Remember when we were the part of the political spectrum that was jivin' with the labor unions, the farmers, and the inner city folks? It really wasn't so long ago--how the hell have they managed to paint us as them so quickly?

2 Comments:

At December 2, 2004 at 9:58 PM, Blogger ben said...

I occasionally consider a career in exactly those wu-shu spin tactics. I think it'd be a lot of fun, and anyhow you could use your job training to make it sound more exciting than it actually is. Afterwards I'm sure there's a small market for blackened souls.

In answer to the "how", I read an editorial recently that addressed pretty much this issue. Basically the author (I can't seem to find it at the moment) wrote that the defection of the white working-class to the GOP left the Democrats in an awkward alliance between marginalized minorities and the urban elites.

 
At December 4, 2004 at 4:11 PM, Blogger sara. said...

"us" as "them."

hi, nathan. you sound like george bush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home